Diet for constipation in a child from 1 to 7 years
Constipation - rather unpleasant, but very frequentphenomenon in children of all ages. From birth to one year, a child's chair usually does not cause any problems, and with the introduction of complementary foods, it is finally established. However, after the baby turns a year, the problem can come back again. Cope with her parents usually manage independently, making adjustments to the diet. In this article will be given a diet for constipation in a child.
Causes of problems with stools
Factors affecting the appearance of constipation are many. Among them there are physiological, due to the peculiarities of the age period. From 1 year to 3 years stool delay can be provoked:
- delayed intestinal motility;
- dysbacteriosis - although recent studiesargue that such a disease does not exist, nevertheless, the violation of the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract and the lack of probiotic bacteria are quite capable of provoking various difficulties of defecation;
- new food, introduced into food for the first time;
- a sharp change in the situation;
- lack of consumed liquid;
- products that cause bowel disturbances;
- enzyme deficiency.
Diet with constipation in a child should be carefully thought out. About this below.
Children older than 3 years also often suffer fromIt is impossible to defecate normally until the beginning of schooling, that is, up to 6-7 years. In addition to the previous list, they have new reasons:
- pain during defecation because of too dry and hard feces, and a child at this age can consciously refuse to go to the toilet if he feels discomfort;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - in these cases, other symptoms will necessarily appear, it is important to immediately go with the baby to the pediatrician;
- cracks in the anal passage, causing severe pain;
- embarrassment to empty the intestines in publicplaces, next to other children - in the kindergarten, school, sometimes there is a strong developed fastidiousness in the child, also interfering with visiting the toilet anywhere except at home.
Most often, the perpetrator of constipation in children from 1 to 7 years old is an improperly made menu and non-compliance with the drinking regime. Diet for constipation in children 6 years will be a way out of the situation.
Effect of drinks on the quality of the stool
Inadequate fluid production can causeconstipation even in adults, and even more so in children with their tender, only formed digestive system. The introduction of complementary foods, the transition to solid foods, the cessation of breastfeeding or the refusal to feed the mixture must necessarily encourage parents to reconsider the issue of adequate provision of the child with drinking. Diet for constipation in children 1 year is made with this in mind.
Children of different ages need differentthe amount of drinking per day, and not necessarily it must be exceptionally pure water. Useful for constipation will compote from dried fruits, herbal tea, such as chamomile, fennel, special children's teas, fresh juices, except acidic, fresh sour-milk products. All drinks should be of low concentration, prepared without the addition of sugar.
This is the basis for a diet for constipation in a child.
The norm of the liquid, depending on the age
Normally, the amount of fluid entering the body, including food, should be approximately the following:
- 1 year - 1,1-1,3 l;
- 2 years - 1.4-1.5 liters;
- 3 years - 1,5-1,6 l;
- 4 and 5 years - 1.6-1.7 liters;
- 6 and 7 years - 1.6-1.8 liters.
What does the diet for constipation in children 5 years?
What kind of liquid should I give?
It is not recommended to give babies coffee, strongblack tea, carbonated sweet drinks. It should limit the amount of milk cow, especially paired, juices packaged and freshly squeezed. The former contain a lot of carbohydrates, the latter are quite concentrated, capable of causing allergic reactions. Such juices must be diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 3. This implies a diet for constipation in children under one year.
It is useful before breakfast to give the child a glassclean cool water. Warm will not work, as it weakens peristalsis. The lower the temperature, the better the stimulation of the work of the gastrointestinal tract. First, give water at room temperature, then gradually lower the degree, leading to a very cool, but not delivering discomfort.
General dietary recommendations for the normalization of stools
Forming the right food habits is necessary withthe very beginning of the introduction of complementary foods, especially if there is a genetic predisposition to the appearance of constipation. A grown up child, often receiving tasty, but not too healthy food, may resist the transfer to the nutrition necessary for good bowel work. Diet for constipation in children 2 years should be as balanced as possible.
In the diet of all children from one year to seven, sufferingcomplicated by defecation, should include products that stimulate rapid evacuation of the intestine, containing enough vitamins, microelements, beneficial bacteria, fiber:
- Cereals - buckwheat, brown or brown rice in small quantities, oatmeal large flakes or oats, wheat. Do not get involved in porridge.
- Vegetables - beets, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage, pumpkin, bell pepper, cucumbers, tomatoes, some potatoes and others should form the basis of the diet.
- Fruits and berries - apples, plums, apricots, bananas (little by little), currants, raspberries, kiwi.
- Greenery - spinach, leaf lettuce, Peking cabbage, dill, parsley.
- Dried fruits - prunes, dried apricots, raisins, dates, figs.
- Sour-milk products - kefir (only fresh, up to 3 days, otherwise the reverse effect will turn out), bio-yogurt, yogurt, ryazhenka, baby curds.
- Dried bran or rye bread, bran yourself.
- Honey and homemade jam from suitable berries and fruits.
- Low-fat meat and fish products.
Dishes should be boiled, stewed, baked,steaming, while still adding a little olive oil. A good effect is provided by salads from fresh fruits and vegetables, seasoned with the same butter or natural yoghurt, curd.
Diet for constipation in children - Prohibited foods
From the list of meals, one must definitely exclude fast food, sweets, rich soups, marinades, pickles, smoked and fried foods. Specifically, it is necessary to minimize the use:
- Manno porridge and white rice.
- White bread.
- Cocoa, coffee, strong tea.
- Oily fish and meat - mackerel, herrings, trout, lamb, some parts of pork, duck meat and goose.
- Pelmeni, dumplings.
- Cheese, milk.
- Beans - peas, lentils, beans - should be limited.
This builds a diet for constipation in children 2 years.
Any products slowing the process of defecation orcondensing stools, it is necessary to limit as much as possible, and it is better to completely remove from the ration, doing this gradually, step by step. Ideally, they should not be given to the child from the very beginning.
For a child under 3 years of age it is very important to strictly followrecommendations on nutrition. After 3 and up to 7 years sometimes you can make some indulgences, but it's important not to deviate from the rules too often. So the diet for constipation in children 4 years will be slightly different from the diet of a two-year-old child.
For children and adults who often haveconstipation, even a diet is developed, in the list of therapeutic rations standing under No. 3. This is a completely balanced menu enriched with necessary nutrients, the set of products of which has a positive effect on the stiffened chair.
Consider what includes diet number 3 for children with constipation.
Portions of food should be small, and the total amount is divided into 4-6 receptions. So the stomach is easier to digest incoming food, and the intestines - it is easier to remove. Recommended products:
- Vegetables - tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflower,squash, pumpkin, carrots, beets. White cabbage does not follow, as it provokes strong gas formation, which slows down peristalsis. Potatoes can be eaten only in a refined and baked form.
- There are almost no restrictions on fruits and berries: strawberries, currants, blackberries, strawberries, cranberries, cranberries, bananas, apples, pears, apricots, plums, watermelons. The exception is grapes, as well as cabbage, which contributes to the appearance of flatulence.
- White fish - perch, pike, bream, carp, cod, hake, pollock.
- Low-fat meat and poultry - turkey, rabbit meat, beef, veal.
- Dried rye or grain bread with bran, seeds or other grain additives.
- Greenery, celery.
- Homemade jam, jams, compotes sweetened with honey - is allowed only for the children's menu.
- Dried fruits.
- Cottage cheese and sour milk drinks, preferably home-made.
- Porridge from barley, buckwheat, wheat groats.
- Sunflower seeds and pumpkins, nuts.
Diet for constipation in a child 3 years of age: recommendations
Soups are cooked light, on meat and fish broths, diluted with water or slightly boiled, but without the addition of meat and fish. All meals should be baked, boiled, cooked or cooked in a double boiler.
Meat or fish is consumed once a day. Occasionally you can replace them with ham from turkey. With fruits and vegetables, it is not advisable to remove the peel, since it contains the most fiber. In fruit salads you can add yogurt, and in vegetable - a couple of spoons of bran.
To immature children's organisms up to 5 years is more usefulwill be baked vegetables and fruits, fresh to get involved is not worth it, so as not to overload the stomach and not to break only the digestive process that has been adjusted. For example, baked apples are an excellent remedy against constipation.
Kashi should be cooked crumbly, becauseliquid will envelop the walls of the stomach, inhibiting the digestion of food. For the same reason, it is undesirable to cook soups, mashed potatoes, but light broths with crumbs of black bread will do well.
Children will appreciate such delicious dishes aspumpkin porridge, pumpkin pancakes and dried fruits, or simply baked pumpkin or apple, smeared with honey. These dishes can be offered as dessert, afternoon tea or breakfast. Meat and poultry are included in the menu up to 3 times a week, at the rest of the time the protein is obtained from fish, fermented milk products and a scrambled omelet.
Suitable for children recipes
If a doctor is prescribed diet number 3 for children withconstipation, it is not difficult to feed the baby correctly, tasty and varied. From the allowed products, you can cook a lot of delicious dishes, which will appeal to the taste of both kids and older children.
- Salad from beets and prunes can be given to children with2 years. Beets must be boiled until ready and grated, prunes - soaked in boiling water and finely chopped. You can season salad with natural yoghurt or sour cream 10% fat.
- Prunes in the boiled water until soft,cut into small pieces or make mashed potatoes for babies from year to year. Mix the dried fruit with fresh yogurt, bio-yogurt, curdled milk or fermented milk and take it shortly before sleeping.
- Baked omelette with zucchini, greens andtomatoes. The egg is beaten with a spoonful of water or low-fat milk, mixed with finely chopped or crushed green mashed potatoes. Utensils for the oven should be lubricated with a thin layer of oil, put tomatoes and zucchini, pour the egg mixture and bake until browning - 10-15 minutes.
Most parents who prepare children are correctdishes that contribute to the elimination of constipation, note that the effect is observed after only 2-3 weeks. Babies lose bloating, the stool becomes much softer, bowel movements are observed every day.
The diet itself is usually prescribed for a period of 2 to 4weeks, but the list of products allowed and prohibited for constipation should always be on hand and actively used. If the problem is caused by genetics, it is better to switch to a similar food for the whole family, so that the child does not feel deprived.
In general, such a diet contributes not onlynormalizing the stool, but also improving the general condition of the child and strengthening his health. The main thing is not to forget that with any problem of the child's organism it is first necessary to consult a doctor and not treat yourself.